Friday 2 January 2009

The Latenight Mothership

The Latenight Mothership recordings January 2001 - June 2001 - 2SER 107.3FM

In 2001 in Sydney, Australia, Mark Pollard, host of The Mothership Connection radio show and founder of STEALTH magazine, offered me to host his other show, The Latenight Mothership, which was weekly from midnight till 2am, Mondays on 2SER 107.3FM directly following Blaze and Dr Phibes show Droppin' Science.

I hosted the show weekly at the top of the University of Technology, with a great view and my first experience of a proper broadcast desk and live broadcasting, stuggling with dodgy mics, trying to scratch on a crap dj mixer and a self imposed handicap of being mad blazed. It was some of the most fun I ever had, sorry to leave it as I did when I moved to London.

In that time I was joined by a number of friends as guest mcees, dj's and hosts, mainly;

empire, disjunction reunion/luke, timber, jim, baix/bacon & eggs, tummy/rowena & kenny twist

I finally dragged out all my old minidiscs and have started recording them to mp3 and uploading them here;


4 are recorded, 3 are up, 28 to go, most about 2 hours long, hope you enjoy this part of my dj history as much as I do. Thanks to all who came through, Blaze and Dr Phibes for their comedic handovers and Mark for the hook up.

No comments: